Monday, May 25, 2015

My college packing list :)

So throughout this semester I have received many complements about what I decided to bring to college with me. When I was preparing to start college I did a lot of research about what I was expected to bring. I had been to boarding school for my 10th grade year so I knew a little of what I wanted to bring. The only problem was I couldn't find a good list of what I needed, so I decided to build my own based on what I knew I needed and what seemed to be everywhere online. Here is my list of what I decided to bring.

 Bath Items
  • Bath towels (I chose the larger sheets)
  • Tooth Brush
  • Tooth paste
  • Allergy meds
  • Band-aids
  • Sunscreen
  • Shampoo
  • Body Wash
  • Brush
  • Deodorant
  • Hairspray
  • Pain meds (Pamprin for girls)
  • Heating pad (again great for girls)
  • First aid kit (make sure it has all the basics) 
  • hair straightener/ curler/ dryer
  • lotion
  • Pads or tampons
  • Makeup
  • Razors
  • Aloe vera
  • Mouth wash
  • q-tips
  • Hair bands
  • Perfume
  • nail polish and remover (I recommend not bringing a lot)
  • tums
  • Hand soap
  • air freshener (most dorms don't allow Scentsy)
  • Floss
  • Tweezers
  • Toilet paper 
  • Hand towels (2 or more)
  • Neosporin
  • Tissues
  • Cough drops
  • Eye glasses or contacts
  • Thermometer
  • face wash
  • makeup remover
  • hydrogen peroxide
  • Vicks vapor rub
  • shaving cream
Although you don't technically have to buy any of these thing I recommend making sure that you have a first aid kit and any medicines that could be needed. So that if you become sick you don't have to go and get meds when your sick.

Laundry and cleaning
  • laundry soap ( I used pods, you don't have to carry a whole bottle.)
  • color catchers
  • dryer sheets
  • hangers
  • bra bag ( I used it so I wouldn't lose my socks)
  • Iron and Ironing board ( I wouldn't bring unless you plan on ironing a lot)
  •  Ikea big bag instead of laundry hamper ( easier to carry up stairs)
  • scrubbers ( cleaning and dishes)
  • dish soap
  • Vacuums ( I had a rug)
  • Kitchen towels
  • Trash bags
  • plunger
  • bathroom trash cans
  • toilet brush and cleaner
  • bath caddy for over shower or shower caddy if communal bathroom
Food and dishes
  • I will leave food up to you but snacks are great 
  • Water bottle ( I use a Brita filtered one)
  • ziploc bags
  • Paper plates, forks, spoons, straws (if you don't want to do dishes)
  • Coffee mug
  • Isolated cup
Bed
  • Sheets 2 or more
  • Mattress pad ( They turn yellow so I recommend not spending a lot on one)
  • Comforter 
  • I wanted a body pillow
  • Throw blanket
  • bed rest pillow ( I think that is what its called)
  • Pillows
School stuff
  • backpack
  • pens
  • Pencils ( you will need these for test)
  • USB
  • Post its
  • index cards 
  • Highlighters
  •  tape
  • sissors 
  • Sharpie
  • Whiteout
  • Notebooks and folders (I used one for each class)
Decorations and organize
  • Pictures
  • shoe rack
  • Trunk
  • plastic organizers
  • I have a 6 cube metal books shelf that I love in my room
Electronics
  • A few Dvds
  • Charger to phone
  • laptop and charger
  • serge protector
  • portable speaker
  • I brought my ipad and charger
  • I wanted a speaker and alarm clock so I have a bluetooth speaker for my room
  • Dvd player
  • TV ( my school had them already)
Misc items
  • Lamps floor and desk ( I was told lighting was bad)
  • Mirror
  • fan
  • stool ( because I wanted to raise my bed)
  • tools
  • umbrella
  • Rug
  • Mini fridge
Clothes depends on what you want but here is my list
  • Shoes Flats, heels, workout shoes, flip flops
  • Bathing suit
  • Nice clothes for interviews, meetings and nice events
  • socks, bras, and under clothes
  • Shorts
  • Tshirts
  • shirts
  • Jeans
  • light jacket
  • sleep wear
  • hoodies
  • active wear
I thought I would dress up every day however I soon learned that everyone wears shorts and tshirts every day to classes so I stopped dressing up. So I recommend bringing mostly tshirts and shorts jeans for classes.


If you have anything you think should be added just comment below. You are welcome to use my list just please don't copy it to your own blog without permission. Thanks Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment